Wednesday 30 October 2013

Sent To Test Us

Life can be tricky some times.

This we all know, but no matter how many times are parents tell us, choose wisely, watch your back and the old reliable 'Are you sure?...'

When something happens that gets you down, it sucks, right down to the pit of your stomach.

While we need to shake off the little stuff, like getting a parking ticket, finding out the movie you wanted at the rental place is sold out or getting caught in the rain without an umbrella (which I happen to like, and tend to do my best Singing in the Rain impression, Gene Kelly eat your heart out!)

But sometimes the big things might get to us - an earth shaking moment hits you like a surprise bus, knocking you for ten and shaking you to the core

I believe in theses kind of times in the Lorelai Gilmore method - its ok to wallow. Sometimes, you just need a bit of time to cry, eat some junk food and forget your troubles in a Jonny Depp film.


...Thats Captain Jack Sparrow. 


This in mine and the Gilmore's book is ok, for a day or so after that its time to start saying this in your head



Over and Over and Over again until you believe it.  

Jump out of bed the next day, put on Bruno Mar's Treasure, dance while eating your eggs, put on your best outfit, and strut your way out the door and down the street. 





My friends come to me with problems all the time for advice and tips, and since all of you are my internet buddies feel free to send me any questions you might have and I'll try and help as much as I can, you can find my email in the 'Contact Me' section of the blog. 

...Now excuse me, I better go turn down Bruno before my neighbours call the police! 

Have a Great Day Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment