Wednesday 30 April 2014

Miss You Granny.


So this is post quite near and dear to my heart. And I one I juggled with posting with for a while. 
I saw this post on Facebook I while ago and it really struck me, and led to some serious thoughts. 


Now I thought about Poets, Writers, Great Rulers, Celebrities and even those I have in my life now and don't get to see as often as I'd like.

But I came to one very clear conclusion my Grandmother, well, my other Grandmother. She died when I was 16, it's the anniversary of her death this weekend, so I'm thinking about her quite a bit. People say I'm very much like her. I also grew up with her living down the hall from me, teaching me to knit, playing cards with me and playing chart radio at top volume, which I think gave me my love for loud music that no one else in my family has.

She was a terrific, strong and modern minded Lady would I miss a great deal and I would give anything to talk to for another hour - To tell about what's happening in my life, ask for her advice and tell all about the little boy and girl (my little brother and sister) she didn't get to meet and whom I know she'd love to pieces.


It's a great question to ask yourself and put somethings in perspective, so do tell, if you could spend time with anyone you wanted for an hour... Who would you chose?

1 comment:

  1. This post makes my heart ache for my grandmother! I've been asked this question before, and I had the same reaction you did. While there are many wonderful, intelligent, powerful people I could have picked from, nobody would be better than my grandmother.

    Thanks for sharing a little piece of your soul with us!

    ReplyDelete