Friday 25 April 2014

Dating Past that needs to be future


So when I went to University, I met tons of new people, as one always does at Uni but quickly fell in with my classmates and we formed a group of sorts. One of these new classmates was my Russian Friend Alex. 
One of the first weekends I was going home I was in such huge hurry to catch my bus after my afternoon classes I brought my weekend bag with me. 
Alex saw my carrying it along with books, etc and insisted on carrying it for me, to and from all our afternoon classes AND to the bus station after. 
He was a true gentleman and had no hidden agenda. 
But of course in our modern world that's exactly what I thought at first. 

Afterwards I was thinking about this, and how sad it was that in our modern world these kind of gestures are lost in the commonplace or misunderstood. 

So I'm putting a motion out to all my readers, male and female, to try bring back these 10 Old-Fashioned and I hope soon to be modern dating customs.  


10 Old Fashioned Dating Habits We Should Make Cool Again

1. Coming to the door to pick someone up.
(Honk your horn at me, and no date for you.) 

2. Trying to dress really nicely for a date.
(Wear a shirt, a dress, shine your shoes, wear lipstick, just make an effort. It shows the other person you care.)


3. Bring flowers or other tokens of affection to the first date.
(From one girl to all the male population, bringing flowers is a simple task, that sets you out of the starting gate on a perfect note.)


4. Going dancing that’s not grinding on a grimy club floor.
(There is a reason that most girls love all the men on Strictly come dancing. Get clued up gentlemen.) 

5. Straightforwardly asking someone out and not calling it “hanging out.”
('Would you like to go out on a Date with me?' Don't fear these words, embrace them.)


6. Additionally, being clear about when you’re “going steady.”
(If you don't want to be with anyone else, dating, dancing or anything else, then don't just say it SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS.) 

7. Romantic gestures like writing poems.
(So writing poems may not be my personal thing, but in turn perhaps just texting someone asking how their day went goes a long way, it's all about the little gestures)


8. Turning electronics off and just being with one another.
(Candy crush, that last email or text can wait and yes Facebook will still be alive in a couple of hours.)

9. The general concept of asking permission for things.
(Pretty much self explanatory, just for heavens sake...BE POLITE.) 

10. Not assuming sex is to be had at any point in time.
(Follow the steps above and chances are, you'll get to this cross roads anyway, so no need to force the car up the hill. It'll get there at a steady pace once you take your time. And, when the lights go green, believe us you'll know. )


*I originally found this list on Tumblr, and modified it slightly for B.A.S 




See Stefan Salvatore gets it! The perfect opening note to be smooth as a fine wine. 



2 comments:

  1. I agree with absolutely all of this! Bring back old fashioned chivalry is what I say

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Jenny! Spread the word, and tell your friends to check out 'Because Amy Says' too hehe ;) Thanks For Reading x

    ReplyDelete