Monday 7 April 2014

Versailles | The Palace

The following morning we all set out VERY early and headed straight to Versailles. I'd always been a little bit in love with Maria Antoinette, and the idea of walking the halls, the steps and looking upon where she lay her head was a definite must on my list for my Parisian adventures. 


The sun was shining and the Palace was glowing. 



We got there around 9am and beat all the rushes of people and pretty much walked straight into the Palace.
I'm not one of queuing so the early rise, was a must for me! 



Imagine, this is part of your house! 


The Palace is beautifully presented and preserved...


And, beaming with light on sunny days. 


'Hey there good looking!' 






Give me a fan and I will start to sing Bohemian Rhapsody while making goofy faces. 
I just will, now and forever. 




Doing my best 'Deep Thinking' faces  above. What do you think, would I pass for a scholar?!


K didn't seem to think so, giggling away. 

See that big window behind K, well beyond there, there is a roaming beautiful garden... BUT, lets not get ahead of ourselves, more on that later. 



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures of the garden! I could definitely deal with living somewhere like that :) xxx
    La Lingua : Food, Life, Love, Travel, Friends, Italy

    ReplyDelete