Friday 25 October 2013

A Left My Heart At Sea

I know I'm not alone in this opinion but I love being near water; the sea, a lake, a large enough pond; I'm there.

I used to surf and at a time worked in a Surf School, and one of my biggest regrets is that I never learned to sail, perhaps one day. But, for now I'm a swimmer not a sailor.




Ever since I was a child I loved swimming and being in the water. At the time my favourite movie was The Little Mermaid and I figured since she came out of the water and gained feet, if I stayed in the water long enough I might just get fins! Not being one to give up, I would stay in a pool for 6 hours at a time till I looked more like an 80 year old than an 8 year old! and was being dragged out by my mum.




Alas no fins, probably a good thing really, scales would have been very hard to accessorise!


Since then I have lived by the sea (sadly only for a couple of years, but one day I hope I'll return to salt stained windows. Fingers Crossed!)


But when I was there I loved staring out at the tides, and those of you that have checked out my tumblr page will know I reblog pictures of it all the time.

The movement of waves can be so hypnotic and peaceful at times, Next time your at the seaside I beg you to just sit silently and just stare out and listen.







No comments:

Post a Comment