Sunday 5 January 2014

2013... WHAT a year

Well New Years Eve has come and gone and the first 'real day' as in day I have to do proper work is here.

So life can now replace the constant rotation of parties, eating & drinking all around and festive decoration are tucked away for their Summer hibernation.

But as I settle in the course work, late night studying and once again having no money, I find myself taking a couple of minutes this morning to reminisce over my last year.

Now this past year hasn't be the best for me, and honestly I couldn't wait for NYE to come and to start a new and fresh.

But when I look back, it has involved a lot of change, some upsets, but a lot of growth and strength has come from this and I figure when I can learn from life events and mature from them, then they were totally worth it.

But looking back I'm choosing to look back at only good.

So here are my highlights, big and small and not to sound too corny but in the words of Bon Jovi


"It's my life, it's now or never

I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive"

The man knows what he's talking about...

So, here goes a few little highlights from my past year...

My Mum get married my stepfather, this was not only a joyous event for all my family but also gave me and my best friends a chance to party in style. 



 I went to Barcelona with my college buddies. 



Got a job in the Hampton's, granted I didn't get to go because I had to be rushed into hospital days prior to my departure, but it was the first job I'd gotten with no help from anyone, I found the job, interviewed and got it all on my own merit. Even if I didn't get to go, I still got it, and that is cause for celebration. 

I got serious with my camera skills




Spent loads of time with great people and laughed till I cried. 



I hosted a couple of radio shows, which I LOVED doing and want to get back into in 2014.




I got the job every college student has at some point - waitressing, and you know what, I kind of liked it.

I partied Bond style 



Enjoyed the summer sun



My baby brother took he first steps and said his first words, granted his vocab is limited - Tractor and No, being his key phrases. Oh well, his cuteness more than makes up for it.



I went to London

And most recently I got laser eye surgery! Very scary but, but beyond worth it. This whole sight thing is really all it is cracked up to be! 

And, with all this new found 20/20 vision, Im looking into the New Year, bright and eager with a long list of adventures to take on in 2014. (which of course I'll share with you eager beavers soon)


How was 2013 for you? Any big life events to share? Or big plans for 2014? Sound off in the comments, I want to hear all about it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment