Wednesday 6 November 2013

London Pt.1

So I had some time off from College last week and I heard the whispers of London Town calling my name. So I called my friends living over there, nabbed myself a sofa to sleep on and high tailed it across the sea.
I arrived late on wednesday night and went to a fabulous Argentinean restaurant in Wimbledon and had the one of the BEST steaks I've ever had. Sadly though there is no pictures of it, the wine arrived well in advance of the steak and my camera with for a nap while I amused myself with pouring. I got one picture though, of my delicious calamari. I would completely recommend a trip to them should you happen to be in the area.




The following morning I dusted myself off and headed toward Buckingham Palace to meet my friend Lauren. 


I arrived at the changing of the guards, a mass scene of tourists flocking to get a look at the Queens Guard. Now If you know me, you'll know I detest crowds, queues and well stupid people and these people always seem to travel in herds! So I stayed at a distance and watched the delighted masses wolf and whistle. 
After Lauren and I finally found each other we jumped on the tube and headed for Covent Garden. My new favourite spot in London. I am differently not a modernist, I will the old, the traditional, so Covent Garden with its beautiful architecture and shopping and cobble street was just up my alley. 


Thats me!  (Left) and my friend Lauren. Posing in front of a big ol bow. Cause well, who wouldn't want to pose in front of a big bow!
























It was a great fun day, full of great smelling food from the market stalls and a lot of festive cheer! Which was at times confusing, I was there on October 31st so Halloween magic was in the air, yet there was Christmas decorations everywhere! Perhaps Covent Garden is trying to make a new hybrid holiday. Chralloween people, its on the horizon!

My first day in London over and out. Come back tomorrow to see what I get up to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment